Signs and Symptoms of Panic Disorder
It is important to recognize the signs and symptoms of panic disorder so that you can get the help you need to manage it. Common signs and symptoms include . . .
- Sudden and intense episodes of fear, panic, and anxiety
- Physical symptoms such as shortness of breath, chest pain, heart palpitations, dizziness, nausea, sweating, trembling, and feeling like one is going to die or lose control
- Psychological symptoms such as intense fear or terror, feelings of detachment or unreality and a sense of impending doom
- Emotional symptoms including feelings of intense fear and dread as well as a sense of impending doom
- Feeling detached from reality or oneself and an inability to concentrate on tasks
- Anticipatory anxiety about having another panic attack/living in fear of having another panic attack