Signs and Symptoms of Driving Anxiety
It is important to recognize the signs and symptoms of driving anxiety so that you can get the help you need to manage it. Common signs and symptoms include . . .
- Feeling overwhelmed by the task of driving
- Difficulty concentrating when driving
- Avoiding highways or long drives
- Experiencing an increased heart rate when behind the wheel
- Experiencing intense anticipatory anxiety before setting out to drive somewhere
- Feeling anxious even when not in the car
- Physical symptoms such as sweating, nausea, difficulty breathing, rapid heart rate, shaking hands or legs, dizziness, chest tightness or pain, etc.